Moving from Sony to Canon & R5

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
kwilkins Regular Member • Posts: 175
Moving from Sony to Canon & R5

I've been using Sony for a number of years. A7Riii and iv, A9 and ii, a number of the RX100 models, a bunch of G master lenses, safe to say I was invested.

I decided pre-release to get an R5 due to the 8k and was eager to see what the footage would look like on an 8k television. I have been so delighted with the photography aspects of the R5 that I've decided to sell all my Sony gear and move entirely to Canon. The form factor, ergonomics, menu system, the whole "usability" is so much better than Sony, to me that is. I appreciate others will feel the same way about Sony compared to Canon or another manufacturer. I love the R5 image quality.

I am struggling with a few things (common when switching systems) I hope some forum members can help me out with.

Is it possible to customize what settings are presented on the Q menu?

Can the People/Animal eye detect be assigned to a custom button or the Q menu? I think I can set it up as a My Menu option but I photo pets and people at the same time and would like a quick way to switch back and forth on this.

Finally, is there anyone here who has migrated from Sony to Canon that has tips or suggestions on the transition?

Thanks to all for any assistance you can offer, the members of this Forum seem very helpful and knowledgeable.

Canon EOS R5 Sony a9 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow