Repair Center other than Canon's Center?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
3V AudioVideo
3V AudioVideo New Member • Posts: 23
Repair Center other than Canon's Center?

Besides going straight to Canon for repair work, where have you either gone to yourselves or heard others go to for camera repair? Where are places recommended and where are places to avoid?

My M50 scree no longer works. It was in a camera bag with a heavy lens attached. Fell off a chair and landed on the backside. The screen was closed (so the actual display was facing the back of the body). Physically there is not even a scratch anywhere. The camera works perfectly using the EVF.  But nothing about the screen works other than it swivels. So not sure if the screen needs to be replaced or the signals going to and from the screen does not work.

Saw a YT video were a guy had his cracked screen replaced for $250 at Canon, and I got an email quote from a camera shop quoting me $150 if the problem is a screen replacement.

Canon EOS M50 (EOS Kiss M)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow