Graphics Card advice for use with Topaz Denoise AI

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
AlfC Junior Member • Posts: 41
Graphics Card advice for use with Topaz Denoise AI

I have been trialing Topaz Denoise and Sharpen. They both seem to me to have their uses for some pictures but I found Denoise AI especially to be really slow when saving an image.

My PC is about 4 years old with an Intel i5 4570 processor and 16GB ram but I had no graphics card. Topaz Labs say their software does not run on the Intel integrated graphics 4600 (mine) or older and recommend an optimum NVIDIA GTX 1070. So I duly bought one of these used and managed to make it work in my PC.

The problem is it has not speeded up the Topaz apps at all and the fans on the card are not turning, unlike the fan on the CPU which sounds like it's working flat out. Any suggestions as to how I can improve this and make sure the graphics card is actually being used by the Topaz apps?

Thanks

Alf

AlfC's gear list:AlfC's gear list
Nikon D500 Olympus E-M5 III Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Tokina AT-X Pro 12-24mm f/4 (IF) DX Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM +8 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow