Dell U3014 monitor will not work with DisplayPort on new GTX 1650 Super, no 10-bit color

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
dakotarakov Junior Member • Posts: 30
Dell U3014 monitor will not work with DisplayPort on new GTX 1650 Super, no 10-bit color

Dell U3014 ultrasharp will not run on DisplayPort but works with HDMI. Graphics card is Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 Super. DisplayPort output works with another monitor.

I think I need DisplayPort to get greater than 8-bit color depth and larger color space for which I bought the monitor. Is there a way to get the full color range on this setup with HDMI?

I have tried: Unplugging monitor and holding down power button for 10 seconds. Updating graphics driver. Plugging in both DP and HDMI then selecting DP on OSD. Enabling DisplayPort 1.2. Also made sure I was using DP inputs on monitor and tried the DP cable that came with the monitor, another DP cable, and miniDP cable.

If I go into the Nvidia control panel and select "use Nvidia color settings" the bit level is greyed out and sits on 8-bit.

Any help greatly appreciated.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow