Starry Sky AF E-M1MkIII vs E-M1

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Jan Krux Regular Member • Posts: 488
Starry Sky AF E-M1MkIII vs E-M1

Hy folks

The relatively new E-M1MkIII does provide the "starry night AF" .

But as I did play around some "scene " modes of the E-M1 lately I noticed something called "starry sky" as well.

What it does on the E-M1: it takes a sequence of I think 8 shots with what ever ISO it needs to do a starry night shot hand held ... with AF focusing sharp on a star when you put the target onto it.

The result you can see here , just taken from my place in Cape Town , with all the air pollution etc what you can expect from a night sky shot in the city ..  So not may stars to be seen though...

The interesting thing for me is, that Olympus invented the principles and basics for the "new" Starry Night AF already in the E-M1 (Mark 1)

This jpeg is just ooc, no post done.

The main reason for doing this shot is testing if the AF is really able to focus on the star when you put an target on it ...

For me it looks okay if you think that this shot was taken with ISO 12800 and 1/10 sec handheld ...

So the Starry Sky AF on the E-M1MarkIII will be much more advanced I think.

Jan

Jan Krux's gear list:Jan Krux's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro +9 more
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow