Color Space for scans

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
hhhhhhhh Regular Member • Posts: 169
Color Space for scans

Hi,

As a photographer, I always work in ProPhoto 16-bit and I print all my photos that way and they came out fantastic.

Now, as a painter, I gave my paintings to the studio to scan it and they returned it in a high resolution (tens of thousands of pixels on each side), but the color space wasn't assigned, and it was 8 bit TIFF.

I want to clean it up a little bit, before I return them for printing, but I'm curious, should I continue working on these files as they are, or should I convert them to 16bit and assign them some color profile? I won't change too much, they are good as they are, but I'll do a little clean up from dust and scratches. Maybe a bit of levels and curves, but just a touch. I don't want to spend days working on dozens of paintings, with the wrong settings.

I have to mention that 8 bit, without color profile is close to the TIFF limit of 4GB file size. Converting to 16 bit or assigning ProPhoto profile, I have to convert files to PSB.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow