Bluetooth Remotes

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Itstonybaby New Member • Posts: 11
Bluetooth Remotes

I have an A6100, and I’m trying to understand remotes that work with it. I thought I could buy one of these cheaper infrared remotes... until I discovered that out of the whole A6xxx lineup, the 6100 is the ONLY one that does not have infrared. I thought the A6100 was the upgrade to the A6000, how is dropping a feature an upgrade? (Rant, rant, rant)

anyways, I’m using a Crane M2 gimbal with it. Which does work the camera remotely, but this whole “wifi direct” thing is not that good, and if your linking your phone as a remote to the camera, the wifi/LTE on your phone gets shut off cause it’s connected to the camera. Also, I want to be able to release the shutter, AND hit the record button remotely, and the gimbal, and none of the apps will do this, they will only give you the option of video record if your in video mode.

Oddly enough, the very first time I paired the Crane M2 with the camera, I had the ability to both release the shutter for a pic (double click) AND trigger the record button (single click) in ANY mode. It’s stopped doing that, and for the life of me I can’t figure out how to get it back or make it do it again, and I can’t find anything online that says it ever should have done that in the first place.

which leaves me with Bluetooth. Apparently there is the option of connecting the camera to a Bluetooth remote. But the only thing I can find is this very expensive remove called a Bluetooth commander remote for Sony cameras. Near as I can tell it will do everything I want it to, but it’s not the most elegant solution and it’s well over $100 (Can) for this thing

which leads to my question:

Does anybody know of any other Bluetooth remote options for Sony A6xxx cameras? I would have thought you could connect your phone via Bluetooth to the camera and there would be a ton of Bluetooth remote apps for your smartphone. There’s NONE! And all the apps that are available have to use wifi direct with the camera. Is this expensive Bluetooth remote commander the only option I have?

PS: I know there are some options for plugging in to the headphone jack and the USB plug on the side to create some external remote options, but this won’t work. I use the USB plug to power the phone from the gimbal while I’m using it, and the headphone jack is being used by my external mic

Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow