Are Cheap Monitors Really "Cheap"?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
WryCuda Forum Pro • Posts: 10,213
Re: Are Cheap Monitors Really "Cheap"?

Batdude wrote:

Is simply impossible to get a hold of every single monitor out there to see if it meets our personal and individual needs when it comes down to color quality output.

Since my kids will start school from home very soon I have to start looking into the possibility of buying at least one more computer monitor. All I can go by is reviews on the internet and I just found this monitor (ViewSonic VP2468 Professional 24 inch 1080p Monitor 100% sRGB Rec 709 14-bit 3D LUT Color Calibration for Photography and Graphic Design) which is supposed to be really good for graphics design, which my kids are starting to do, and it costs LESS than $300???

I have also been looking at the BenQ SW270C at a whooping $800 though.

I currently have a pretty darn good 24" Asus monitor that in reality I don't have any complaints about it and paid around $350 for it.

So what exactly am I getting for a monitor over $800 such as the BenQ?

I will be giving the new monitors to my kids so that they don't strain their eyes with those little cheap laptops they get from the school district, but I would ALSO like to use the monitors myself, you know what I mean?

What's the reality here and your opinion regarding monitors?

At $109 each, the 24" IPS Acer monitors referenced earlier would be hard to beat.

I have been impressed with a couple of older tech Acer (TN) monitors (22" and 28") for both reliability and colour accuracy.

BTW, don't buy expensive HDMI cables for the laptop connection. My retailer has cables at $2 each. BTW there are many useful options for running an external monitor with a laptop.

WryCuda's gear list:WryCuda's gear list
Nikon D7100 Sony a6000 Sony a7
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow