Wish You Bought S1R Over S1 Or Vice Versa?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Batdude
Batdude Senior Member • Posts: 4,695
Wish You Bought S1R Over S1 Or Vice Versa?

Are there any of you that regret not getting the higher MP body instead?

I just saw Sigma's announcement for the new smaller and lighter 85 1.4. THAT changes everything!

Both cameras seem to produce VERY sharp and crisp photographs, I'm actually impressed at how much detail and sharpness I see out of S1 24MP photos. I've also seen photos from the S1R and they both look great as well. I have no side by side photos to compare so I can't really say that the S1R "blows" the S1 out of the water to be honest.

But are there any of you here that do notice a big difference and drool over the S1R instead? I know for a fact that the S1 does blow the S1R out of the water in high ISO performance, which I do a lot of when I perform jobs indoor under poor light and I know that the S1R will most likely let me down.

Then again I already have four cameras with low resolution that do pretty darn well in low light and what I don't have is a high MP camera, and THAT is the only reason why I'm leaning towards the S1R. The last high MP camera I used was the Pentax K1. I also have a lot of interest in the new Canon R5.

What attracts me is the S1R low price. How this camera compares to the new R5 when it comes down to IQ that I'm not sure yet.

When it came down to the Pentax 36MP K1 for sure you can tell the difference between my 16MP D4 it was really obvious. I have never used one of the more recent/modern 24MP sensor but it is possible I will also see a big difference for example between the Panasonic S1 vs my D4, and maybe the S1 will be more than enough and don't need the S1R.

I REALLY liked the files from the 36MP K1 sensor and thought it was perfect because is right in between, not too little nor too much and has fantastic IQ for both low light and plenty of resolution for portraits. I'm honestly not sure how I will feel about 24MP.

Have any of you been in a similar situation making it difficult to decide?

In the end now that this new Sigma L mount will be out soon and that's the actual lens that I would be buying then I'll be able to rent it and test it with either the S1 or S1R.

Batdude's gear list:Batdude's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Nikon D4 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +8 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS R5 FinePix S1 Nikon D4 Pentax K-1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow