Musings on a (low end?) full frame mirrorless camera

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
farmer35 Contributing Member • Posts: 865
Musings on a (low end?) full frame mirrorless camera

I currently use micro four thirds and chose it as a system before I ever thought about using adapted lenses. When I heard that I could do that, I tried it and liked it. My first camera was an Olympus E-M10. Nice enough camera and fun to use but eventually the 1/4000 shutter speed limitation began to bother me. So I picked up a lightly used E-M1 and have been using that ever since. Even more fun to use but now I find myself wanting to explore the wider side so I’m thinking about full frame options. I don’t really care what native lenses a system has available as I would use the old SLR and rangefinder lenses I already have.

I live in a camera store desert so I can’t really try anything out. But I can and do read about them on the internet. I tend to be frugal so I look first to low-end offerings to see if there is anything that will suit me.  I don't need cutting edge autofocus or video features for my uses with adapted lenses anyway.   Sony has been around the longest but I have read from too many people that they aren’t the most fun cameras to use even though they take great pictures. The opinion is not universal but comes up often enough to make me want to look elsewhere. The Canon RP might be something I would consider but not with a fastest shutter speed of 1/4000. If I were to buy one right now it would probably be a Nikon Z5 or Z6.

But I’ve heard rumors that Panasonic will be coming out with a S5 L-mount camera. Don’t know exactly what that will be like but I am interested. Never had a Panasonic camera but my impressions are that most of the photographers that have M4/3 Panasonics really like them. So I guess I wait and see.

-- hide signature --

Bruce Regier

Nikon Z6 Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow