Clarity on product strategy?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Light Pilgrim
Light Pilgrim Senior Member • Posts: 1,223
Clarity on product strategy?

Folks, I was wondering about one thing. Why there is no clarity from let's say Canon on the product roadmap?

I am on the fence when it comes to my 5D MKIII replacement. Until a year ago I was clear on which way I will go and in my mind it was either 5D MKV or 5Ds MKII. Then came a very strange R and RP and it was not really clear to me whether or not Canon will release another 5D DSLR or will release something that is a mirrorless replacement with no desire to continue DSLRs anymore.

Still today I am not sure. Did Canon kills DSLRs? Will there be a mirrorless 5Ds?

In case of Sony, there strategy is rather clear:

1. You know there will be A7IV (entry level FF, general use)

2. You know there will be A7RV (high MP)

3. You know there is A7SIII (video centric)

In case of Canon I just have no clue. If I knew there will be R5s - I would just ignore R5. If I knew there will be 5DMKV or 5Ds MKII - this is what I would get. I think communicating clearly to your customers is going to help to keep them using the system.

No?

Canon EOS 5DS Canon EOS R5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow