Exposure bracketing...

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
kriknosretep New Member • Posts: 1
Exposure bracketing...

Hello all!

I am shooting a Nikon D850 and have a question about exposure bracketing.

I have never bracketed my exposures, but now I would like to start. I am getting into real estate photography, and am doing HDR bracketing. I tend to do 5 brackets: 0 / -1 / -2 / +1 / +2.

Just so you're aware, I'm shooting in manual mode, ISO 200, and usually at f/16. I then vary the shutter to achieve "correct" exposure.

The issue is that unless I'm doing something wrong, I cannot adjust the "correct" exposure when bracketing is turned on.

That's a problem, because, let's say I'm in the kitchen. I set the "correct" exposure, say to 1/100 at f/16, turn on bracketing, shoot my five brackets, and then move into the living room.

Now the exposure is (obviously) completely different, maybe 1/40 at f/16, but in order to set the "correct" exposure to 1/40, I have to turn off bracketing, set the exposure to zero (or 1/40 in my example), turn bracketing back on, shoot my five brackets, annnnnnnnnd start all over again in the next room.

Surely there has to be a way to be able to vary the shutter speed as the exposure changes without having to turn bracketing off.

Am I missing something? If I am, it's way easier just to not use auto-bracketing.

Would appreciate any help.

Thank you!

Kirk

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow