Rolling Shutter VS FPS confusion

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
tony field Forum Pro • Posts: 10,876
Re: Rolling Shutter VS FPS confusion

Currantos wrote:

dancers need to be caught at the peak of the jump so high FPS is absolutely necessary, timing is very difficult. A microsecond before or after and they come out of a pose and both arms and legs are now "out of place" and scattered in space rather than "tucked in" so to speak. In dance there are tons and tons of "decisive moments' that often last less than a second easily, with smaller jumps and movements they can be just a flicker, not even a full "run jump suspend in air land" type sequence. Just a hop or skip out of nowhere can be all they give you.

I definitely missed tons and tons of shots and need faster shutter.

Hopefully will experiment one day and see, for now I don't have access to electronic shutter, just in the planning stages.

I find that surprising. I shoot ballet, modern, folk dancing as well as sports like show jumping speed skating using only single frame never motor Drive. I have no issue capturing Peak action. Shutter speed between 1/60 of a second and 1/250 sec are most useful and on rare occasions it is fun to shoot in very bright light at 1/400 of a second.

I have no issue with rolling shutterson my DSLR.

-- hide signature --

Charles Darwin: "ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge."
tony
http://www.tphoto.ca

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow