Moon with New Camera

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Stephen McDonald
Stephen McDonald Forum Pro • Posts: 14,214
Moon with New Camera

I will share these photos, even though I'm sure the P950 will do better after I've gotten more practice. The first moon is full and the second is two days after full and at 2000mm. Just after I'd taken a few shots early this morning, a cloud cover rolled in and ended my attempts. This camera seems to handle well for long shots, although I was sitting in a chair, with my monopod extended to the ground and my head leaned against the backrest. It's a great way to steady things, if you've got a chair handy. There's a few more P950 photos on my Flickr album, linked below. You can see some EXIF there, if it doesn't show on DPR.

I'm pleased with the steadiness of the camera for video and in playback, the 30p doesn't cause any jerking of moving subjects, as I've experienced with other 30p cameras. To my delight, my Sony Play Memories Home program will upload both photos and videos from this camera. It processes the photos very well, although it chokes up when editing the videos. I have another program for editing those.

Sorry, folks, but I posted this on the wrong forum, by mistake and it was too late to withdraw it.

-- hide signature --
 Stephen McDonald's gear list:Stephen McDonald's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 950 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow