Thoughts on Changing my X-E3's Three lens Kit.

Started Aug 5, 2020 | Discussions thread
db68 Junior Member • Posts: 27
Re: Thoughts on Changing my X-E3's Three lens Kit.

TheWhiteDog wrote:

With my X-E3, when I go out with it and three lenses, the lenses are the 14mm(love that lens), the 18-55mm zoom(my copy seems very good) and the 60mm. a versatile, lightweight kit I feel. But I've been thinking of replacing the zoom with the 35mm f1.4. Why? I love the discipline primes give you and would extend the low light capabilities of the kit and the 35mm could give a far different rendering than the zoom at 35mm. Weight savings is minimal so not a factor. The thought of this three lens kit makes me excited! I don't do video, and I wouldn't be getting rid of the 18-55, sometimes I just got out with the X-E3 and it, forgoing any bag.

Would appreciate any thoughts on this idea and if anyone has a similar kit, what you think of it.

Thank You!

If you can, get the 35mm f1.4 and keep the 18-55. the 14, 35 7 60 would be your 3 prime kit, but if you want to go out with just the one lens, take the 18-55.

db68's gear list:db68's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow