Tamron Firmware Help

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
kdwinter New Member • Posts: 15
Tamron Firmware Help

I will soon be a proud owner of the Canon R6. For the immediate future I will be using an adapter to use EF mount lenses. My current camera is the Canon T3i and have never needed to update the firmware of my Tamron lenses. From what I have researched I will definitely need to send them in to get the firmware updated by Tamron. I was thinking of sending them in now so I have them back around the time I get the R6. In my email discussion with Tamron customer service this is the email I received:

Thank you for contacting Tamron. We do not have any compatibility yet for the R6, but for the EOS R/RP (which I’m going to assume it will be all the same), the A009 (70-200mm) and the A011 (150-600mm), will both need a firmware update for it to be compatible with mirrorless.

My question to anyone with more knowledge and experience with this than myself is:

Do I send it in now hoping that the compatibility is the same as the R/RP or do I wait to see if there is a different update after the camera is released. I really hate to be without my 70-200mm for too long with the chance of not having it for my daughter's volleyball season.

Thanks for any advice you can give.

kdwinter's gear list:kdwinter's gear list
Canon EOS 600D Canon EOS R6 Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II Tamron SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD +4 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow