R5 Quirks and possible bugs?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
tifa3 Regular Member • Posts: 124
R5 Quirks and possible bugs?

Just got the R5 and played around with it a bit. Previously came from a 5D4 so have some questions that maybe you can help answer since I haven’t used a mirrorless camera before.

1. When viewing an image after taking a picture on the rear lcd and then switching back to the viewfinder with my eye, sometimes the image that I reviewed is still stuck on the viewfinder. It changes back to the real time scene when I half press the shutter button. Is this normal? This doesn’t happen when I turn off image review on the rear lcd completely but would prefer to not have the image switch back to the viewfinder if that makes sense.

2. When the camera can’t focus, it blinks a white color in the viewfinder. I find it kind of blinding, is this normal and can I turn off this white flash?

3. In movie mode I’m getting flickering screen from my LED lights - It seems more pronounced than my 5d4 at equivalent settings - is this normal and does it have to do with how fast the r5 refreshes?

Canon EOS R5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow