Turning on an M100

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
Sittatunga Senior Member • Posts: 2,340
Re: Turning on an M100

DavidWright2010 wrote:

Sittatunga wrote:

DavidWright2010 wrote:

Ok, I give up. Just got this; how do you turn it on? I press the on/off switch and rotate it. I get this message:

The kit lens is attached, and memory card in. I can go to menus and set stuff, but can't take a picture. What does that solid rectangle mean?

David

Your lens is retracted. The solid triangle shows the direction to slide the lock on the lens in so that you can turn the zoom ring past 15 to get it into the position to take photos.

This is the 15-45 kit lens. I don't think it retracts. There is a switch on the lens body - I thought that was for stabilization. If I push that forward with my other hand, I get the same message.

David

No EF-M lens has a stabilisation switch, IS is controlled from the camera menus. That switch is the lock to unlock the zoom ring, both the 15-45mm and the 11-22mm lenses retract.  You need to slide it away from the camera while you rotate the zoom ring from the retracted position.

selected answer This post was selected as the answer by the original poster.
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow