Youtube poisoning?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
TN Args
TN Args Veteran Member • Posts: 9,666
Re: Youtube poisoning?

Light Pilgrim wrote:

Are you not wondering how is it that people have so much to say on youtube about pretty much nothing? Last 2 weeks I was doing too much research on R5 and what I realized is how much irrelevant, repeated information is out there. I amazes me that people always think that their opinion matters even though they know that the same thing has been discussed and is available on-line already. I think you have 5% of content that is unique and the rest is unboxing.

It's not about content. The provider isn't selling content; he/she is selling self, or person. Hence the programs aren't about the subject matter; they are about self-expression around a topic of the day.

Similarly, the intended viewer isn't there for content in terms of subject matter; he/she is there for entertainment. The entertainment comes from the personality, or style, of the provider. That is why the subscription model works; it would be pointless if viewers were just randomly visiting the channel for today's content only.

That is why Youtube is the wrong place to go to research a topic. You will find yourself drowning in too many personalities and not enough discrete content. You are not the intended audience. The people you are viewing don't want you to appreciate the content on a random basis; they want you to feel entertained enough to want to come back to the person, i.e. to hit 'Subscribe'.

cheers

TN Args's gear list:TN Args's gear list
Sigma dp0 Quattro Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus E-M5 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
jnd
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow