Have the reviews changed anyone elses plans for the R5/R6? Locked

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
This thread is locked.
sportyaccordy Forum Pro • Posts: 17,281
Have the reviews changed anyone elses plans for the R5/R6?

Honestly, maybe this is an overreaction, but I'm considering leaving the R system entirely. I was hoping to get an R6 to complement my R, with the R being a travel/landscape body and the R6 doing low light + video stuff. I'm not that serious about video, but if even 8 bit 4K24P is problematic then it's not really worth the money for me.

I'm really in no rush as I won't need a 2nd body until we start traveling again. But I do want to use the body for more video and no IBIS is a dealbreaker. There are rumors of an M50 II with IBIS which could work as an R6 substitute, though the standard zoom situation there kind of sucks. So I don't know if I could do 2 of them and replace the R, but it's not completely out of the question.

Either way, not feeling like the R6 is worth it anymore, even at the $2K I was waiting for the price to drop to before buying.

-- hide signature --

Sometimes I take pictures with my gear- https://www.flickr.com/photos/41601371@N00/

sportyaccordy's gear list:sportyaccordy's gear list
Canon EOS R Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Canon RF 35mm F1.8 IS STM Macro Canon RF 24-105mm F4L IS USM
Canon EOS M50 (EOS Kiss M) Ricoh Caplio R6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
MAC
KEG
MAC
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow