Hand Grip for X-T20 (and X-T30)

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Peter Daves
Peter Daves Contributing Member • Posts: 705
Hand Grip for X-T20 (and X-T30)

As a new user of the X-T20 I have grown to appreciate almost everything about this camera.  I like the size, the manual controls, the film simulation modes and the IQ delivered by the combination of camera and the XF 18-55mm lens.

The one thing I have been struggling with is the grip.  Even though I have a number of larger 35mm film cameras without any kind of grip a couple of my favorite film cameras did have a decent grip (Canon AL-1 and Canon T70).  When I switched to digital my first camera was a Fujifilm S100fs and then a Sony a3000 and both had very substantial grips.

Not feeling very "safe" with the grip on my new X-T20 I decided that my first accessory must be an aftermarket L-bracket grip.  I shopped around and ordered one from Hong Kong on Ebay.  Total cost was less than $20CAD and it arrived yesterday, only a week after I placed my order.

It is a thing of beauty and very well made and finished.  It fits the camera like a glove and provides an excellent supplement for the small "bump" that Fuji provides on the camera.  I now feel much more confident handling the camera and I think I am less prone to accidental pressing of function buttons.

Is this a common experience for users of the X-T10/20/30 family?

-- hide signature --
 Peter Daves's gear list:Peter Daves's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD500 Canon PowerShot SX110 IS Fujifilm FinePix S1000fd Fujifilm FinePix S100fs A3000 +20 more
Fujifilm X-T20
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow