Loving my R5 !

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
klausd Forum Member • Posts: 67
Loving my R5 !

Having seen most available youtube videos, forum posts and reviews i'm now sitting home with my R5 and the RF 24-70 2.8 just smiling. I am not a professional hollywood film maker nor a professional national geographic photographer. Who actually is from those complaining? I'm just a Tech Geek, loving to play around.

Why am i smiling? Because I am exploring the functionality I get nowhere else in the DSLM market.

- The speed the RF Lens (nano USM) focus together with the R5 autofocus and 12 / 20 fps capability makes me produce images where every picture I take is sharp and sooo detailed! It feels unreal for me coming from the R with an adapted Sigma lens.

- Playing around with 4k HQ footage I shot which I will use on my next vacation to show families and friends. It looks soo crisp and sharp. I know of the limitations regarding heat and yes, I'm still able to take enough shots of short sequences to produce insane looking clips I cannot get anywhere else in the DSLM market.

- Exploring short 8k shots and thinking about another 2x digital zoom (makes my 70mm a 140mm lens) I get here with almost no quality loss in videos which should work quite well.

- Trying to find the limits of the 8 stop IBIS this weekend when I plan to shoot early in the morning handheld before sunrise and see how low my ISO can be by just increasing the exposure time.

-looking forward to my next livestreaming session (I do a conference twice a year) with the R5 instead of the R. I need some extra range to my 70-200 in the spot I can place my camera so I switch to crop mode anyway. And the 5.2k downsampled 4k from the R5 crop mode looks sooo good!

So while everybody is waiting for the A7SIII (looks like everybody got a video first shooter overnight), I play with a combination of technology unreached (High Megapixel Images, AF speed, 4kQuality, 8k preview of the future), even though it's time limeted, it's enough for me and my use cases as a tech geek and its so much fun!

Do you enjoy your R5 as well?

klausd's gear list:klausd's gear list
Canon EOS R5 Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon Extender EF 2x III Canon RF 35mm F1.8 IS STM Macro Canon RF 24-70mm F2.8L IS USM
Canon EOS R5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow