Anyone here have experience with the M6 Mark ii AND 5D Mark IV/EOS R?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
BlueCosmo5050
BlueCosmo5050 Senior Member • Posts: 1,620
Anyone here have experience with the M6 Mark ii AND 5D Mark IV/EOS R?

I have a 5D Mark IV and am used to full frame 30 Megapixels. I enjoy having at least 30 megapixels. Same would apply with the EOS R as it's basically the same without the mirror.

As we all know, carrying around a DSLR isn't always ideal. So, I've been looking into the m6 Mark ii.

Every single thing I've seen about the camera I've liked until it came to all the reviewers saying that the lenses aren't any good and that most of them can't really do justice with the 32 Megapixel sensor.

This is important to me because I like to crop. I like to crop and still have 15-20 Megapixels left in the final image. This is sometimes because I can't get good composition because the object is moving too fast. Other times, it's just something I need to work harder on.

I'd buy the camera right now if I knew there was a lens I'd be satisfied with.

I do not want to adapt full frame lenses because the whole point for me is to have a smaller set up. If I put my full frame 24-70 or something on it, it's going to be just as big as my 5D Mark IV basically.

I'd like to have a prime that equals 35mm or somewhere close in full frame. I'd settle for maybe 50mm. So, I guess around 22mm? Except I have read mixed reviews on the 22mm.

I'd really like to hear from people who have used both a full frame 30 Megapixel camera and the M6 Mark ii with EF-M glass.

BlueCosmo5050's gear list:BlueCosmo5050's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 100mm f/2.0 USM Canon EF 135mm F2L USM Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM Canon EF 35mm F2 IS USM +1 more
Canon EOS M6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow