Nikon 500 PF wait times

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
LensWizard
LensWizard Senior Member • Posts: 1,337
Re: widely in stock lately

patricksmith32 wrote:

The 800mm f5.6E FL actually launched at $18,000 so it has come down some, but I’ve seen it for even lower. They are hard to sell, especially recently so some stores have offered discounts on them. I saw an open box on eBay for $12,500 a couple months ago. The lens was brand new USA model, still had all of the plastic wrapping on it. Maybe it was a display or someone did an unboxing on it, but my point is you can find discounts sometimes. Recently the 300mm PF was posted (gray market) for $1100 on here or Nikonrumors can’t remember, but that’s amazing even for gray market! I personally buy my gear used as I used to be a buyer for a major camera store so I know where, how and what to do. I got my 400mm f2.8E FL in 9.5/10 condition, USA lens for only $6800! Sold my 400mm G VR for $4300, so cost me only $2500 to upgrade! My recently purchased D5 and 70-200mm FL were both “open-box” that I found, cane with USA warranty and the D5 was $4500, the lens was $1850!

My 800 is or will not be hard to sell as I bought it for me and its staying right here.. You are talking all about lenses that are NOT BNIB unsealed from Nikon so anything can happen. I have never seen the 800 offered for 18k us ever since it hit the shelves but i guess its possible..Buying used and unopened is a lot different then BNIB like I buy everything and I buy lots of stuff BNIB  Brand new in Box from Nikon

-- hide signature --

Canon XLH1 Video, Profoto AcuteR2400, Eizo 27Inch CG277 Monitor, MSI GT80S Laptop, MSI Vortex G-65 Desktop, Wimberly Mk2 Head, Gitzo 5540LS Tripods (2), Arca Swiss Monoball Head, Macbook Pro 15inch Retna Display,Arca Swiss C1 Cube Head, Apple Mac Pro (6) Core 3.5GHZ Dual AMD700's

LensWizard's gear list:LensWizard's gear list
Leica SL2 Canon EOS-1D Mark II N Canon EOS-1Ds Canon EOS 5D Leica SL (Typ 601) +26 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow