Sony A7 III sensor/lens issues

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
harzmarz New Member • Posts: 9
Sony A7 III sensor/lens issues

Help!

I am quite new to photography and purchased a Sony A7 III early in 2020 along with a Tamron 28-75 lens. I have been enjoying the hobby and taking some great pictures but have been learning the hard way about keeping the sensor clean of dust spots.

At one stage I had them so bad I took my camera to WEX and had it professionally cleaned. I thought my issue had disappeared but I then started to notice some large black spots/streaks that were faintly visible once I started to dehaze my pictures. With this set to 100 it looks like something in the attached image to my horror!  (the weird shadows/light are just from the light in the hall but the stains are visible and clearly too big to be dust spots)

I took the camera back to WEX and they inspected the sensor and said it looked fine, but offered to do another clean for peace of mind. Hoping this would solve the issue, I took a few test pictures when home and the issue was still there. I changed lens to my Tamron 17-28 and the issue seemed to vanish!

Is this therefore damage to my lens or sensor?

I have been told it is possibly sensor burn from the sun?

I am at a loss now what to think! Any advice on this? Much appreciated in advance!

Sony a7 III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow