Great blue heron astronomer

Started 1 month ago | Photos thread
spike29 Senior Member • Posts: 2,178
Re: Great blue heron astronomer

jeffpix wrote:

Dear all,

Many thanks for the kind words and for the interesting suggestions.

spike29 -- your ideas for local adjustments look good. I always find decisions on brightness to be tricky, because for viewing on screens, the "best" appearance seems highly dependent on how the screen brightness is set.

True, i alway's use the histogram and try to determin the global mideange of the image. The  hit auto exposure adjustment to see which way the rawdeveloper thinks.( it's not screen depending) and go from there. shift to blacklevel or highkey.

But I think that your version has more of the mood of a night picture.

I used  two sets controlpoints with DxOPL one mask for the upper en one for the lower branch.

Best regards,
Jeff

-- hide signature --

knowledge is addictive, every time i get some i want more.....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(If i can remember 1/1000 of everything i learned/read in the past i will be happy as a monky with........)

spike29's gear list:spike29's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F70EXR Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic G85 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 O.I.S Panasonic Leica DG Summilux 15mm F1.7 ASPH +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow