Storage for photos...

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
jf_tea Senior Member • Posts: 1,466
Cloud backup is not always as good as it seems

Jake2046 wrote:

Thanks guys! I was gonna invest in NAS or a raid drive...but that doesn't seem like a good solution. I will probably going to buy a few external SSD...and look into some cloud storage. Backblaze looks good...and the price is very decent. Thanks again for the suggestions....;-)

Anyone who wants to entrust his/her data backup to a company for "cloud" storage should throughly read their EULA. ...even though most people never bother to read 20+ pages of legalese details, they should.

OTOH, Backblaze has a good reputation and they publish interesting stats about the reliability of the HDDs they use. They seem well organized at the technological level.

My internet access is about as fast as USB 1.0 ... I have 1 Mbps upstream (0.1 MB/s) and 10 downstream (1 MB/s). Beside the legal small print details, the tech specs here are too limited to make the cloud useful for backup storage.

-- hide signature --

-JF

jf_tea's gear list:jf_tea's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Pentax K-01 Pentax K-5 IIs Olympus E-M1 +10 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow