Intentional Color Corrections Planned for Display in Ambient Light

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
flyinglentris
OP flyinglentris Senior Member • Posts: 1,334
Re: Intentional Color Corrections Planned for Display in Ambient Light

Tom Axford wrote:

flyinglentris wrote:

Consider Complimentary and Simultaneous adjacent color relationships. In normal lighting, there is no problem with these behaving as desired, but in deviations caused by ambient lighting, Complimentary and Simultaneous adjacent color relationships may be compromised.

Can you give an example?

Sorry, I have nothing available at the moment, unless I go digging through past captures that may contain something by coincidence.

I shoot as a Photographic Artist and therefore, I diversify on techniques and Color Contrasts and weights, very much interest me for composition reasons, and that includes intentional use of modelling compositions with Complimentary and Simultaneous adjacent color relationships.

I have yet to do so, but the thing is, complimentary and simultaneous color relationships can occur quite naturally in some photographs, especially in subjects synthesized by human manufacture, clothing for instance, textiles where the color patterning was a human inspired decision.  But this may include other items as well.  In nature, complimentary and simultaneous adjacent color relationships might best be displayed in flowering plants, for example.  Other examples may exist.

In all those cases, the color cast of ambient lighting in a print display environment can destroy the color quality by interference with the normal human visual response to complimentary and simultaneous adjacent color viewing.

-- hide signature --

"If you are among those who believe that it has all been done already and nothing new can be achieved, you've murdered your own artistry before ever letting it live. You abort it in its fetal state. There is much that has yet to be spoken in art and composition and it grows with the passage of time. Evolving technologies, world environments and ideologies all drive change in thoughts, passion and expression. There is no way that it can all ever be done already. And therein lies the venue for the creative artist, a venue that is as diverse as the universe is unmapped and unexplored." - Quote from FlyingLentris
~
flyinglentris in LLOMA

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow