Billingham camera bags ??

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
stevo23 Forum Pro • Posts: 24,468
Re: Niche luxury product

Smaug01 wrote:

Like a Rolex watch, Leica camera or a Luis Vuitton purse or wallet.

They do some things well, like basic build quality and one other feature. Other things more functional, not so well.

How about selling your Billingham on ebay (now that they're worth a lot) and replace it with something more functional?

I just bought a Tenba bag and it seems to have the top-class build quality, but also with great functionality.

Lowepro is also excellent (not QUITE as nice materials and quality as Tenba) but a lot less expensive. I got a nice little sling bag for $35 new, and it blows my mind how good it is. I like that they use the rubber sew-on branding patches, and I can just seam rip them off so they look generic.

Case Logic also makes good bags for the money, but they're not originally camera-centric, so they're not as well thought-out. ...but they can be found in Target.

Last possible path: A nice bag of your choice and a nice camera insert. Totally anonymous and made to your preference.

Controversial advice! Designer luggage for cameras is now considered essential.

stevo23's gear list:stevo23's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
MOD Smaug01
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow