MC-21 supports AF-C on the Sigma fp

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sgoldburg New Member • Posts: 5
MC-21 supports AF-C on the Sigma fp

Forgive me if someone has made this PSA before, but I figure if it was this difficult to find this info, another post is warranted!

I was surprised while digging through the fp's menus last night that I was able to use AF-C in both Still and Cine modes while a Sigma EF lens was mounted via the MC-21 adapter.

Everything I had read online, including Sigma's own publications and product pages, noted the lack of AF-C on the MC-21 adapter. The manual is the only piece of official literature I could find that even suggested AF-C would work with the MC-21.

Well, anyway it does at least for select Sigma SA and EF mount lenses that can be adapted via the MC-21. I confirmed this for the following lenses:

- 30mm f/1.4 DC Art EF-Mount

- 18-35mm f/1.8 DC Art EF-Mount

- 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3 DC Contemporary EF-Mount

This is good news for photo, where the AF-C + Eye Tracking combo perform decently. Continuous focus for video is slightly worse than w/ native lenses, so that's still off the table but no surprise...

TLDR: The MC-21 supports AF-C on the Sigma fp, at least for select Sigma lenses. Don't expect too much.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow