Focus limiting?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Currantos Senior Member • Posts: 1,163
Focus limiting?

Hi, I am familiar with the focus limited switch on lenses, especially macro where you can have full focus throw or limit it to just macro or long. Great feature.

Somewhere I was reading very quickly without paying attention and maybe I am mis-remembering but there might be a way to set focus limit points on a lens/camera?

Like for example I only want the lens to focus from 11ft closest to 13 feet fartherst. Now the time it take to focus will be very short because it only has to span that little of a space and chance of misfocus and being way out of focus is much lower, it will not focus on really far background or close foreground.

It was an article about using advanced focus features in unusual situations, but I didn't save it and so can't find now.

It also had something about a "focus trap", where you prefocus on a point and when the subject enters and is in focus the camera automatically shoots or alerts you to shoot or something like that, again to be used in unusual situations like motor sports where action is just too fast to catch with normal focusing methods.

Thanks, any info on using focusing in advanced and unusual ways would be appreciated.

Tamron/Sigma docs, might those have that feature where you can only allow the lens to focus from X to Y distance? (Then go back to normal operation?)

I really would like to have the lens focus in a small range and be prevented from focusing far or near. Thanks again

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow