R6 vs R5 - A Couple of Studio Photography Questions...

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Bassman2003 Senior Member • Posts: 1,442
R6 vs R5 - A Couple of Studio Photography Questions...

Hello,

I am looking to replace my 5DMKIII with the R5 or R6 and was wondering if anybody has some real world experience or just some answers to a few studio setup questions?

1) Wireless Tethering - I see both cameras have Wifi and Bluetooth.  Is it a reality to think I can ditch the USB tether cord for real time studio RAW file transfer/client preview?

It would be great to be able to send RAW files to my laptop without a cable and as quickly.

2) Wifi Speed?  This pertains to #1 - will 5GHz make a difference from 2.4GHz for wireless tethering?  (R5 vs R6)

3) Flash Port - I also see the R6 does not have a flash port.  I hate this connection but still use it with my studio strobes.  Is there some kind of adapter or is it a forced upgrade of my lights to the Godox!

My decision is two R6 cameras or one of each.  If I can do what I want with the R6 then all the better.

Thanks for your help!

Canon EOS R5 Ricoh Caplio R6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow