Anyone own the Batis 25mm f/2? I got mine the other day and it's

Started Jun 12, 2016 | Discussions thread
koushiro
koushiro Forum Member • Posts: 78
Re: Anyone own the Batis 25mm f/2? I got mine the other day and it's

Marc Alhadeff tested most lenses available for Sony to determine which ones could fully exploit the high megapixel count of the A7R4. The 25mm Batis wasn't great. It scored "good", which he says is recommended for the A7III, but not A7R3 (and definitely not A7R4). He says "good" means the image is good when viewed globally but lacks sharpness when viewed at 100%. Of course, he's only testing sharpness here, not any other properties of the lenses that could reveal other strengths or weaknesses. But the Zeiss Loxia 25mm f2.4 scores excellent, which is the second best score. The Tamron 24mm f2.8 scores outstanding, which is the top score. So I'd definitely believe you could see softness wide open on an A7R2. Since people always point to the 55mm f1.8 as the benchmark for sharpness, it scores excellent in this test, which isn't the highest score but is two grades above the 25mm Batis.

https://sonyalpha.blog/2019/11/10/which-lenses-to-maximise-the-potential-of-the-sony-a7riv/

koushiro's gear list:koushiro's gear list
Sony a7 III Fujifilm X-T30 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +6 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow