Billingham camera bags ??

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Phil A Martin Senior Member • Posts: 1,317
Re: How?

NCV wrote:

Phil A Martin wrote:

NCV wrote:

How did this thread go from a sensible discussion about cameras bags, finish up with a stupid discussion about getting ones gear stolen.

First: nobody cares about camera gear anymore. They will steal your iPhone but do not know what to do with your camera gear.

Secondly: thieves go after lost looking tourists in most tourist traps. Your camera bag does not enter into the equation.

Thank you. The plain facts are, any old bag will look tempting under certain circumstances and most camera bags scream camera, far more that a Billingham Hadley will do and I wouldn't want to carry anything larger than one of those. My days of toting a Billingham 550 halfway up a mountain are long behind me, especially when I only used one or two of the lenses and the client printed the photographs smaller than the negatives. I could have done the same job with a compact zoom camera with no effect on the finished product and no back ache.

So the larger bag will be strictly for the car boot and hotel room.

My 335 for my Mamiya RB, which sadly I rarely use these days.

and no doubt my Hadley original will just have to soldier on with my Pentax KP and one or two primes. I think I'll wear out before that bag does and for holiday trips, I'll just take my Panasonic LX100, which is small enough and discreet enough, not to require a bag.

Although the Crumpler Trooper looks like an interesting bag for hiking and trips to and from work. Does anyone have any experience of that or any other Crumpler bags?

I made the mistake of buying a Crumpler bag, or rather a backpack.

It was a big mistake as it carried very little for its size. Hated it and it now hangs in my old darkroom.

In the end Billingham bags are the ones I prefer.

I tend to carry little anyway, was it a full back pack or the trooper with the small detachable insert? I have a full Tamrac back which I'd never consider using. Plenty of space for cameras but where do you put the sandwiches and other paraphernalia?

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
MOD Smaug01
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow