Full frame and clear image zoom (lossless) + crop mode?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Togun Forum Member • Posts: 54
Full frame and clear image zoom (lossless) + crop mode?

I´ve been toying around going FF for years and the thing that might actually tip me towards that is clear image zoom and possibility of also using crop factor.

FF size/weight of body and lenses has been putting me off - for now.

But with these 2 features I can get a 24mm f1.4 that basically covers 24-48 with clear image zoom lossless, and all the way to 72mm with crop factor.

APS-C equivalent this 1 lens replaces 16mm, 23mm, 35mm and 50mm (that are my favorite on my fuji aps-c)..

I know cropping with impact IQ or megapixels and f stop compared to FF - but Sony states that 2x clear image is nearly lossless.

This seems HUGE and very little talked about. For my use never having to pixel peep or print professional large pictures, rather my use is family & kids, nature - hiking, portraits.

I was considering 16-55 f2.8 as a all round lens for a6400 or 24-70 f2.8 with A7 iii (but that is just way to big and heavy)... But a single prime on a A7 III takes care of most of this at a better price - weight and size + benefit of not having to change lenses all the time.

What are peoples thoughts and experiences with this?

Togun's gear list:Togun's gear list
Fujifilm X-T30 Fujifilm XF 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR Fujifilm 50-230mm II Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR +2 more
Sony a7 III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow