A7Siii or wait for A7iv

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
AGshots Forum Member • Posts: 98
A7Siii or wait for A7iv

First of all... I have already preordered the A7Siii, I mainly do a lot of event video work and almost always run 2 cameras. My main cameras are the A7iii and the A7Riv. Just based on reviews I’m fairly certain the A7Siii is going to suit my needs perfectly but it seems color science and overall picture is going to be different than previous Sony cameras. So now I am worried that footage won’t match easily and I will be annoyed and just wish I had 2 A7siii bodies.

typically on shoots I have the A7iii in a cage with an Atomos and v-mount battery (you’d think it was a cinema rig looking at it) shooting 4k24p. I then use A7Riv as a handheld or gimbal camera for second angle shots or 120p slow motion.

I want to use the Siii for the 4k120p and a lot of shots at sporting events or when I do occasional close up product videos with slow motion it really doesn’t work well when the camera is in a cage with a thousand things attached. So I was wondering if the A7iv comes out soon maybe that would be a great 4k24p “cinema style cage” set up while the A7Siii is used for slow motion shots.

problem is we don’t know when the A7iv will come out or if it will include the new 10bit 4.2.2 video or color science of the A7siii (I would expect it will)

so there is my dilemma! Wait for a likely cheaper A7iv that will hopefully serve this purpose... or just get a second A7siii and know that I am making no compromises in all areas of my videos!

AGshots's gear list:AGshots's gear list
Sony a7 III Sony a6400 Sony a7R IV Sony Carl Zeiss Planar T* 50mm F1.4 ZA SSM Sony FE 35mm F2.8 +6 more
Sony a7 Sony a7R Sony a7S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow