E-M1ii compared to Nikon Z50

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ChrisWal Contributing Member • Posts: 526
E-M1ii compared to Nikon Z50

Hi

Please excuse my ignorance on this one, but if users of the two cameras mentioned above could bear with me, I’ll explain...

I’ve been an Oly user for over 40 years and I’m very happy with my current bodies: E-M1 ii and E-M10 ii.  My sister, on the other hand, has used Nikons for about the same length of time and now that she’s retired, wants to rekindle her interest in serious photography. Her D90 has given up the ghost and whilst I’ve failed her to convince her to switch brands, she is very interested in going mirrorless - for the smaller, lighter gear.

She has asked me what I know about the Z50, to help her purchasing decision. I know virtually nothing and looking online gives, predictably, a range of opinions. So I’m asking whether there are any of you out there who have any experience of using the Z50 and in particular how it compares to my two Olys.

I agree that there will be lots to learn over on the Nikon forum, but my request is all about how the Nikon compares to what I know a little bit about, so I can help my sister with her decision.

Many thanks in advance, for any input.

Chris

ChrisWal's gear list:ChrisWal's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus E-M1 II Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD +11 more
Nikon D90 Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow