Tamron 70-210 on Canon m-mount

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
whakapu Senior Member • Posts: 1,050
Tamron 70-210 on Canon m-mount

I've asked this on the EOS-M forum but only got one response (recommending the Canon 70-200 f4). I want a better telephoto than my Tamron 18-270 to use on my Canon M50. I'm thinking the Tamron 70-210 might be a candidate but I have heard that not all Tamron lenses play nice with newer Canon bodies.

I can't find any mention of anyone having tried this combo. I know Tamron doesn't list it as compatible (but they don't list my 18-270 either and that works fine). Some reviewers have found that the lens hunts less in (dual pixel) liveview than in optical mode, which sounds promising.

Has anyone A: tried this combo, or B: used both the 70-210 and 18-270 and is thus able to tell me what sort of image quality gains are to be had?

Unlike some OEM options the Tamron has some degree of weather sealing, so if Canon (as is rumoured) finally releases a higher end M body this might be a consideration.

Cheers.

Canon EOS M50 (EOS Kiss M)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow