Do I need a 24-70 f2.8 if I already have a 24--105 F4L ?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
SMOKENMIRRORS Junior Member • Posts: 39
Do I need a 24-70 f2.8 if I already have a 24--105 F4L ?

! have a EF 24–105mm F4 L ll IS USM and it's a fantastic lens, mostly used for youtube videos and cooking tutorials.

So everybody just loves the 24-70 F 2.8 but I already have that range covered although not 2.8. So is the 24-70 a wider or sharper lens at the 24 and up end than the 24-105 or are they pretty much identical in that range besides the fstops? Meaning if I stop the 24-70 to the same number as the 24-105 would the video and images be identical?

Not a pro here just a hobby video guy and trying to learn a little photography too and after watching all the lens reviews on youtube it seems all the lenses have to be stopped higher (or lower ?) like 3.5 or 5.6 to actually be at their sharpest so why spend more for the 2.8 then other than low light? I already use lights btw for my videos.

Just trying to learn here, I do want one more lens but feel like I dont want to double the same thing I already have. I also have the 16-35 2.8 L ll and I like the 24-105 better most times for what i do.

So what are the pros and cons for each?

Tnx in advance

SnM

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow