Mr. Squirrel - RF 800 f/11 on EOS R

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
johncal Regular Member • Posts: 218
Mr. Squirrel - RF 800 f/11 on EOS R

Night 2 with the new lens. Out at sunset and snapped these two. The first one is highly cropped and had a little work to lighten the grain around the body. I left it in the squirrel as you can't see it anyways. I also needed to remove the prominent nutcracker as it was most distracting :).

In the second shot I gave it a tiny bit of micro-contrast enhancement in DXO and just used Photoshop to convert both to JPG from TIF which is how I always export from DXO.

I think the closeup of the squirrel has fantastic sharpness especially since this also has a pretty good crop on it, although not nearly as much as the first pic.

All in all, I think I'm going to be very happy with this lens. If there is one downside with using it with the R, it's that with BIF pics so far it has been tough tracking. But I have not yet attempted this in good daylight so I don't want to judge that aspect too harshly yet. Other than that unknown the lens has been everything I can ask for.

johncal's gear list:johncal's gear list
Canon EF 50mm F1.4 USM Canon EF 28-135mm F3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF-S 10-18mm F4.5–5.6 IS STM Canon RF 800mm F11 IS STM +3 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow