A1000: Karting on the Xitaihu DS Circuit, Changzhou

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
jshen808
jshen808 Forum Pro • Posts: 14,312
Re: A1000: Karting on the Xitaihu DS Circuit, Changzhou

bluzman wrote:

Booted Cat wrote:

What long zoom(s) do you use now, then

Sorry for the long-winded reply to your question.

After I disposed off all my Coolpix gear (P530, B700, P1000, A1000), I thought I'd only use my Interchangeable lens cameras (D7500, D750 and Z50). For zoom, I use my full frame Sigma 100-400mm lens exclusively on my crop frame D7500 for wildlife shooting. It gives an effective FOV of up to 600mm. That lens combined with excellent AF-C capability, continuous shooting at 8 fps, and back button focus makes the D7500 a powerful tool for capturing those sorts of images.

And then the P950 came along. and I was sorely tempted to get one. Some of the images of wildlife posted from that camera in this forum are spectacular. The issue for me, though, is not exclusively zoom...it's capturing motion like birds in flight.

Instead of a P950, I added a Panasonic FZ1000 (https://shop.panasonic.com/cameras-and-camcorders/cameras/lumix-point-and-shoot-cameras/DMC-FZ1000.html) to my kit. It uses a 1", 20.1MP sensor and emulates almost every aspect of my DSLRs and mirrorless cameras including fast continuous shooting and back button focus. The Intelligent Zoom feature (not digital zoom) extends the zoom range to 800mm. I haven't had an opportunity to see how it might perform in capturing fast moving critters but it's no slouch for still wildlife.

It also did a decent job on July 4th fireworks.

These pictures looks spectacular! 👍

I especially like the two b&w cranes,

Thanks for sharing & happy snapping.

Cheers!

-- hide signature --

....................Cheers, John.....................
.....If I don't respond to your post,.....
...it means you're on my ignore list...

jshen808's gear list:jshen808's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P610 Nikon Coolpix P900
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow