Billingham camera bags ??

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
stevo23 Forum Pro • Posts: 24,466
Re: Billingham camera bags ??

Phil A Martin wrote:

tassienick wrote:

Art Jacks wrote:

Other than the price of Billingham bags based on their quality my concerns are regarding the recognisable image of the bags, some of the likely lads or lasses out on the street would probably deduct that the bags could contain some expensive items ! I travel light using a non branded, non photographic designed shoulder bag in my attempt to not draw attention to myself, at 74 I cannot run very fast or very far

I know what you mean, but I suspect the 'lads or lasses out on the street' are probably more interested in Old Mate wearing the generic LowePro backpack with a 'CaNikon' branded neckstrap hanging out of the open zip.

Stuff like Billingham might have a a recognisable look to photo nerds on photography forums, but I'm not sure that carries to the broader public.

Yes, that's what I'd assume. Less conspicuous than some of the more glaring camera bags, especially when dirty. Years ago I used to keep a TLR plus filters, Western Master meter and films in an old gasmask case bought in an Army Navy Stores.

It was excellent and totally waterproof but no padding. My tripod in a green tool-bag. So to all eyes I just looked like a carpenter or someone off to work.

That's awesome.

stevo23's gear list:stevo23's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
MOD Smaug01
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow