Options for Scanning 120 films ???

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
moimoi
OP moimoi Veteran Member • Posts: 5,508
Re: Options for Scanning 120 films ???

Overrank wrote:

moimoi wrote:

Hi guys,

I am shooting with a Mamiya 645 1000s, which is a lovely cam, but I feel a bit frustrated by the lack of available options for scanning 120 films. I really like the Plustek 8200i but I can only scan 35mm.

Flat beds is an option (V600/V800/V850 series), but I would like to know whether there would be better options for scanning MF negatives / slide films. I do NOT want to use a dSLR/camera to scan my negatives.

What are the older Konica Minolta scanners capable to scan MF films?

Seriously, in 2020, and we have so few options.

I would have liked something like the Braun FS-120 or Plustek 120, but there are nowhere to be found new.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Max

I use a V550, which are still available new for 120 (I use a Plustek for 35mm). You can also get Silverfast free to use with it if you don’t like the Epson software.

The Plustek 120 seems to be available second hand at around £1000, or there are the various Nikons.

I got the Plustek 8200i AI version that comes with Silverfast.  If I had to get an Epson flatbed, would I be able to use the same license for Silverfast?

Cheers,

Max

-- hide signature --

Digital: Fujifilm GFX50R / Canon 5Div
Film: Minolta X570, XD5 & XD11 / Canon EOS 3
http://www.maximesiegler.com/
https://www.instagram.com/maxsiegler645/
And back to Analog Photography as well, oh well!
"All we have discovered is that it starts with a single individual - always a child - and then spreads explosively, like the formation of crystals round the first nucleus in a saturated solution." Arthur C. Clarke (Childhood's End, 1953)

moimoi's gear list:moimoi's gear list
Fujifilm X100T Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Fujifilm GFX 50R Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow