I think I'm in trouble.....Leica SL2

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Robgo2 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,232
Re: I think I'm in trouble.....Leica SL2

David V wrote:

Thanks to everyone for their responses. One of the main things that attract me to the SL2 is the resolution matching that of my Q2 and most importantly, the ever growing selection of high quality L mount glass.

While I would probably keep the Z7 with the 24-70/2.8 S for the time being, I see my lens options being much greater with L mount and will probably start with a 35 prime and a 70 macro.

David, it seems to me that you have an itch that needs to be scratched.  It sounds as though cost is not much of an issue for you.  The SL2 and various L mount lenses are as good as you can get in FF format.  It's not simply a matter of IQ but also the pleasure of handling such finely made machines and lenses. To be sure, for those who cannot afford the price of entry into Leica World, there are other excellent options that offer more value and great results as well. But for those who can comfortably afford it and will make good use of the gear (as opposed to storing it in a closet), I see no reason not to scratch the itch.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow