Bob Tullis
Bob Tullis Forum Pro • Posts: 39,710
Re: Ridiculous indeed

stevo23 wrote:

Bob Tullis wrote:

biza43 wrote:

SonyOB wrote:

"Billingham" = "Rob me!"

Ridiculous. I have carried mine all over the world, without any problems.

Exactly. Security is mostly about awareness and how one carries one

Confirmation bias. You’ll tell yourself that until it happens to you. And even then, you might convince yourself it was your fault if it does happen. More confirmation bias.

I was only mugged once  in my life, and I  wasn't carrying anything, nor was I dressed to impress (before I started buying/carrying expensive gear).

Sure, I felt like I stood out in questionable neighborhoods, deserted areas, and in the NYC subway when first wielding a new Billingham, yet nothing occurred.  It could be just the luck of not being  in the wrong  place and  wrong  time, or awareness and  posturing, or  a combination of both.

Now my Billinghams aren't as shiny  and new, for not being afraid to use 'em, so they're  even less of a potential draw.   I like the sage green and tan models, but I bought  into the black because they're not  as conspicuous.

When I read that comment (and others like it), all I could manage was an injurious eye-roll.

-- hide signature --

"Well, sometimes the magic works. . . Sometimes, it doesn't."
------ Chief Dan George, Little Big Man
@ bobtullis.com & flickr.com/photos/bobtullis
My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration.

Bob Tullis's gear list:Bob Tullis's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T4
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
MOD Smaug01
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow