Neowise with Big Dipper and trees ...

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
elgol20
elgol20 Contributing Member • Posts: 807
Neowise with Big Dipper and trees ...

Hi,

thousands of Neowise pics everywhere. Actually kind a nice since many have been waiting for years for such a pretty one. I was on family vacation during the best period and we went out several times. Conditions were ok, still lots of light pollution, clouds and mist. Yet I was surprised what you can get out of the data with background subtraction: When astropixelprocessor finally (!) introduced comet processing I redid most files with it, much easier and better than with PI or DSS, more precise. I only had my lighttrack II with me, so sometimes the tripod moved. APP evaluates the core position, so this helps.

One evening we were up reading a book togther while I just pushed the trigger with a 40mm lens (Sigma Art) over 60 min 8 sec each shot. I stitched maybe 30 together, 3 stacks, one for forground, stars and comet. Maybe a dark silhuette is better, but crazy how much dynamik range is in this:

not so bad for 4 min

this is with the same 40mm lens, but 2 min for each frame, 30 times. Lots of clouds inbetween.

next is done with a Redcat, lots of clouds inbetween again so I lost some dusttail detail

Neowise over this small village in "Sauerland". From the rented house we just drove up that hill in the background:

this I am working on again with APP, 135mm, should get better

-- hide signature --

Best regards
_____
Stefan

elgol20's gear list:elgol20's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon D750 Nikon D810A Nikon AF-S Nikkor 400mm f/2.8G ED VR II Carl Zeiss Apo Sonnar T* 2/135 +8 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow