How do you transfer images from a card in the Canon R5 directly to computer without a card reader?

Started 10 months ago | Questions thread
Jonathan0007
Jonathan0007 Regular Member • Posts: 158
Image transfer

JerryBez wrote:

I’ve never used a camera with Bluetooth and WiFi capabilities and am quite excited about the potential of these features in the R5 that I preordered. I don’t have a card reader suitable for the new SanDisk Extreme PRO Card that I also ordered and would like to know if it’s possible (and easy) to transfer images directly from the card in the camera to my Mac. I’m a studio portrait photographer and will be tethering the camera with Capture One when it becomes compatible with the R5, and won’t even be using the card. But until then, I’d like to know if transfers are possible without a reader. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

I haven't tried the WiFi features yet. All I am doing is hooking up the camera to the MacBook using a USB C to USB C cable and then opening the Photos app to import the images.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow