A Morning Walk with the 100-400

Started 2 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
dm333 Regular Member • Posts: 199
A Morning Walk with the 100-400

I took an early morning walk to a backcountry pond this weekend. There was some fog rolling off the pond in the early morning sun which made for some unexpected landscape photos along with plenty of creatures to photograph. The 100-400 proved it's usefulness and versatility with closeups, wildlife, and long telephoto landscape photos. A nice lens to enjoy on a slow, peaceful morning!

400mm, handheld while standing on a bench. I like the little bird at the top of one of the foreground trees.

A quick panoramic. This jpeg obviously doesn't carry all the detail.....the .tif file has some awesome detail. The 100-400 just has delightful details in this focal range.

A Northern Flicker that landed near me. Unfortunately the focus was on the tree branch so the head is a bit out of focus. Still some nice feather detail on the breast.

Added the 1.4x TC to observe some ducks out on the water.

A froggie friend taken at the minimum focus distance.

dm333's gear list:dm333's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow