Youtube poisoning?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
markyboy81 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,975
Re: Youtube poisoning?

jayrandomer wrote:

Light Pilgrim wrote:

Are you not wondering how is it that people have so much to say on youtube about pretty much nothing? Last 2 weeks I was doing too much research on R5 and what I realized is how much irrelevant, repeated information is out there. I amazes me that people always think that their opinion matters even though they know that the same thing has been discussed and is available on-line already. I think you have 5% of content that is unique and the rest is unboxing. How many unboxing videos you need on-line for the same camera?

They make it and you watch it. That's the only thing the system is optimized for.

It is not just this, but I seriously have a feeling that folks do not have anybody to talk to so they turn their cameras on and broadcast how they day went on-line and why they are angry and what they deserve better:-)

Some people need an outlet for their rants no one else will listen to. Some people need constant attention, even if from strangers. If they can make a few bucks or get some free stuff out of the deal, all the better.

My highly extroverted 4 year old wants nothing more than to make YouTube videos "and send them to everyone in the world" precisely because she wants to have lots of people to talk to. Isolation has been rough for her. Maybe I should buy an R5 and have her do an unboxing...

I think that we live in an age where protecting the mind is the most difficult and most needed skill that people need to possess. There is just too much info that is useless.

That seems like a problem that is easily solved...

I think this is a good idea. My 5 year old is similar. I just need to market the idea to my wife. Sell her the idea that I need to buy a load of tech so that my son can do unboxing videos..

markyboy81's gear list:markyboy81's gear list
Sony ZV-1 Samsung NX1000 Samsung NX3000 Samsung NX1 Samsung NX500 +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
jnd
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow