A7iii/rii+ in-body SSS and a stabile image in the viewfinder/on the lcd

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Becksvart Contributing Member • Posts: 694
A7iii/rii+ in-body SSS and a stabile image in the viewfinder/on the lcd

Hi

I participated in the comments section of the new Tamron 70-300 for Sony E just now with the assumption that SSS doesn't stabilize the viewfinder / lcd image in any noticable way, simply because I've never noticed that it does. The difference with using OSS lenses is severe.

Just now I tried the longest current analog / non stabilized lens that I have, a 135mm legacy tele lens. With SSS on (and set to 135mm) the image jitters a bit as I breathe and struggle to keep the lens still. With SSS off it behaves exactly (as far as I can tell) the same. I do notice a difference in the degree of motion blur in the shots that I take when SSS is off vs on but I've never noticed any stabilization of the vf+lcd image.

My question is:

Should I buy two turtles and drop photography alltogether? (I just got new glasses (myopia since I was 15) but it was because the anti reflection layer or something had gotten worn.)

Edit. Just to be clear- the actual query is: Does SSS in newer A7 cameras affect the viewfinder and LCD image (to a noticable degree)?

Sony a7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow